Sunrise Petroleum FZC: Privacy Statement
This privacy statement applies to SunrisePetroleum.com and Sunrise Petroleum websites, solutions, services and products that collect data and display these terms, as well as their offline product support services. It does not apply to Sunrise Petroleum sites, solutions, services and products that do not display or link to this statement or that have their own privacy statements.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and compile analytics. These may include third-party web beacons, which are prohibited from collecting your personal information.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including:
- Browser controls to block and delete cookies.
- Advertising controls to opt out of receiving behaviourally targeted ads.
- Controls from some analytics providers to opt out of data collection in web beacons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Sunrise Petroleum collects many kinds of information in order to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services and experiences we can. Some of this information you provide directly to us. Some of it we get by observing how you interact with our products and services. Some of it is available from other sources that we may combine with the data we collect directly. Regardless of the source, we believe it's important to treat that information with care and to help maintain your privacy.
What we collect:
- Registration - When you sign up to use our sites or services you may be required to provide information about yourself, such as your name, birthdate and postal code.
- Signing in - To access some Sunrise Petroleum services, you will need to sign in with an e-mail address and password, which we refer to as your Sunrise Petroleum account. If you access our services via a mobile phone, you may also use your telephone number and a PIN as an alternative credential to your username and password. By signing in on one Sunrise Petroleum site or service, you may be automatically signed into other Beahead sites and services that use Beahead account.
- Using our sites and services - We collect information that tells us how you interact with our services, including the browser you're using, your IP address, location, cookies or other unique IDs, the pages you visit and features you use.
- Data from other sources - We may get additional information about you, such as demographic data we purchase from other companies.
How we collect:
We use a number of methods and technologies to gather information about how you use our sites and services, such as:
- Web forms, such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box.
- Technologies like cookies and web beacons.
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every web site you visit - such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from - as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and services.
- Software installed on your computer or other device, which may send back information needed to operate, update or improve that software.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sunrise Petroleum uses the information we collect to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer. Information collected through one Sunrise Petroleum service may be combined with information collected through other Sunrise Petroleum services to give you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us. We may also supplement this with information from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies to help us derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
We also may use the information to communicate with you, for example, informing you when a subscription is ending, letting you know when security updates are available or letting you know when you need to take action to keep your account active.
Sunrise Petroleum provides many of our sites and services free of charge because they are supported by advertising. In order to make these services widely available, the information we collect may be used to help improve the advertisements you see by making them more relevant to you.
REASONS WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as described in this privacy statement, we won't disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. Below you will find additional privacy information you may find important. Much of this describes common practices that we want you to know. Please keep in mind that this information is not a complete description of our practices - this is all in addition to the other, more specific information contained in this privacy statement.
Sharing or Disclosing Personal Information
In addition to any sharing described in the privacy statement for the product, solution or service you are using, Sunrise Petroleum may share or disclose personal information:
- With other Sunrise Petroleum controlled subsidiaries and affiliates.
- As part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
- With vendors or agents. Specifically, we may share it with companies we've hired to provide services on our behalf. When we share information with these other companies to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and must keep it confidential.
We also may share or disclose personal information, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- To protect the rights or property of Sunrise Petroleum or our customers, including enforcing the terms governing your use of the services.
- To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Sunrise Petroleum employees, customers or the public.
Please note that our sites may include links to third-party sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Sunrise Petroleum. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by the privacy statements on those sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit.
Protecting the Security of Personal Information
Sunrise Petroleum is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share it. If you are sharing a computer, you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Where Information is Stored and Processed
Personal information collected on Sunrise Petroleum sites and services may be stored and processed in India or any other country where Sunrise Petroleum or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. Sunrise Petroleum may retain your personal information for a variety of reasons, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as long as necessary to provide services.
Changes to Our Privacy Statements
We will occasionally update our privacy statements to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services. When we post changes to a statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Sunrise Petroleum will use your personal information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review the privacy statements for the products and services you use to learn how Sunrise Petroleum is protecting your information.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some Sunrise Petroleum services give you the ability to view or edit your personal information online. To help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you first will be required to sign in. The method(s) for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites or services you have used.
If you cannot access personal data collected by Sunrise Petroleum sites or services via the suggested methods(s) for each site or service, these sites and services may provide you with other ways to access your data. You can contact Sunrise Petroleum by using the web form. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal information within 30 days.
When a Sunrise Petroleum site or service collects age information, it will either block users under 13 or will ask them to provide consent from a parent or guardian before they can use it. We will not knowingly ask children under 13 to provide more information than is necessary to provide the service.
When consent is granted, the child's account is treated much like any other account. The child may have access to communication services like e-mail, instant messaging and online message boards and may be able to communicate freely with other users of all ages. Parents can change or revoke the consent choices previously made, and review, edit or request the deletion of their children's personal information.
DISPLAY OF ADVERTISING
Some or all of our Web sites and online services may be supported by advertising.
The online advertisements on Sunrise Petroleum sites and services are displayed through various advertising platforms. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place one or more persistent cookies on your computer in order to recognize your computer each time we display an ad to you. Because we serve advertisements on our own web sites as well as those of our advertising and publisher partners, we are able to compile information over time about the types of pages, content and ads you, or others who are using your computer, visited or viewed. This information is used for many purposes, for example, it helps us try to ensure that you do not see the same advertisements over and over again. We also use this information to help select and display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you.
We allow third-party ad companies, including other ad networks, to display advertisements on our sites. In some cases, these third parties may also place cookies on your computer. These companies may include, but are not limited to: Microsoft , Advertising, 24/7 , Real Media, adblade, AdConion, AdFusion, Advertising.com, AppNexus, Bane Media, Brand.net, CasaleMedia, Collective Media, InMobi, Interclick, Jumptap, Millennial Media, Nugg.ad AG, Mobclix, Mojiva, SpecificMedia, Tribal Fusion, ValueClick, Where.com, Yahoo!, YuMe, Zumobi, Google. These companies may offer you a way to opt out of ad targeting based on their cookies. You may find more information by clicking on the company names above and following the links to the web sites of each company. Many of them are also members of the Network Advertising Initiative, or the Digital Advertising Alliance, which each provide a simple way to opt out of ad targeting from participating companies.
If you receive promotional e-mails from us and would like to stop getting them in the future, you can do so by following the directions in that message. Depending on the respective service, you may also have the option of proactively making choices about the receipt of promotional e-mail, telephone calls, and postal mail from particular Sunrise Petroleum sites or services by visiting and signing into the respective pages or microsites. In any case, you can inform Sunrise Petroleum by using this web form about your wish to stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail. These choices do not apply to the display of online advertising: please refer to the section "Display of Advertisingâ€ for information on this matter. Nor do they apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Sunrise Petroleum services, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the service.